Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DifferentDIMENSION Excelsior!

WARNING: WHAT OCCURS BELOW IS MY ATTEMPT TO CAPTURE STUPID AWESOME HOLOGRAPHIC GLORY ON A CLOUDY DISGUSTING SMOKY AWFUL DAY IN TEXAS. THIS WAS OBVIOUSLY POOR PLANNING ON MY PART. PICTURE ANEURYSM IMMINENT. 

Well. Now that you'e read my warning - here is a tale of a polish from another indie maker that I love and adore. DifferentDIMENSION was one of the first indie brands I ever owned. Possibly my second. I'm not sure. Either way, I was astounded at all the things ever. I eventually came across a sale! Please listen carefully, there is a large cellist playing harmonious music with the angels that graced my internet. I quickly discovered that there was a new polish up, one that I had yet to see... a glorious and fantastic light grey (I'm talking a hair off of a snow white) holographic polish. List of things I love in life: 1. Grey 2. Holos. GOTTA OWN IT. So I did. This fated polish is called Excelsior! And before you ask, while I am easily excitable and am prone to lots of THISS!!!!! the name of this polish actually includes an exclamation point. 

For these pictures I used one coat, killed a gigantic cockroach from the 7th level of evil, screamed a lot, removed all of my polish, and then used three coats of Excelsior! with one coat of Essie Good to Go. Retrospect - should have used Poshe. Ready for the pictures?



This somehow ended up becoming the most awkwardly modeled photo with the best way to show you the rainbows. Please keep in mind this is in NASTY WEATHER underneath an OTT LAMP! Pretty amazing for crappy lighting, yeah? Now - when I put it on and was dismayed that I had minimal rainbows at first (thanks bad apartment lighting and horrific outdoors) I noticed something else - colorshifting bits! WHAT!?! There were some miraculous bits in this polish that appeared to shift from blue/purple to kind of pink. And onwards. Which meant I had to attempt to photograph rainbows and colorshifty bits! IMPOSSIBLE!


Here is another attempt. The shaded part of my index finger shows the shifty bits pretty decently. Other fingers have some rainbows. 


Same deal here.


WHY SO HARD TO TAKE PICTURES OF?!?


Again!


PLEASE SHOW UP.


Reaaaaaaally close now. 

At this point, my camera had been receiving a large portion of verbal abuse because I was attempting to capture this amazing polish. So I did what I could do - took a video!



Thank the heavens. A better depiction! At this point, I'd like to mention that I was so totally thrilled I had a decent video of this polish and it's prettiness (despite my poor backdrop skills). I should now probably mention that the formula on Excelsior! was A+++++. I could have reached opacity in two coats, but I chose to do three for safety's sake. Nice and relatively self-leveling, just minor patchiness on the first coat, but I was using a new base coat and was having some brain derp.

Regardless - the colorshifty bits were being more elusive than I desired - so I matted this bad boy. 


ARHGOEAUFOAHNSGFOITEUON!!!!!! I WILL GET IT EVENTUALLY!!!!!!! But - I will say.... for a matted polish, this is a pretty nice suede-ish grey with pretty colorshifty bits! I wouldn't even mind missing out on rainbows!


Here we go. We can see the subtle colorshiftiness in this one here. Look near the base of the nails - it's pretty prominent!


I'm kind of in love with this polish - matted or shiny! Best of both worlds!

So - what do my lovely people need to know? That when I get frustrated with taking pictures I leave to go to the nearby Baskin Robbins? That they forgot to charge me for a chocolate dipped waffle bowl? WITH SPRINKLES?! Probably not. But - you should know that DifferentDIMENSION has an Etsy and that Excelsior! is in stock as of 10:01 PM CST today. No guarantees. That this is a 3-free polish? (YES IT IS).  That you should ABSOLUTELY run off and like DifferentDIMENSION on Facebook? Instagrammers can follow on Instagram, which is still beyond my skills. And for those who like to shop Llarowe, good news! You can also get it there.

Well - I'm out! I'm being forcibly dragged to the beach tomorrow morning. Yes - I will bring polish. Yes - I'll blog late at night.

SO GUESS WHAT?! I FIGURED OUT I COULD TAKE BETTER VIDEO! SO I DID!


No comments:

Post a Comment