Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pahlish Mind Like a Diamond

SWEET HEAVENS TO BETSY THEY HAVE ARRIVED! Roll out the red carpet - the Coney Island Queen collection has made its way to my mailbox. Those of you who know me personally know I have an addiction to microglitter and microflakies. Really, if it's got "micro" in the word, I'm  probably down. Anyway, Pahlish makes a ton of polishes that totally float my boat. I fell in love with Mind Like a Diamond at some point, and then I saw the whole collection. Which I needed to own. And I finally bought when there was a free-shipping sale. Seriously, the way to my heart is free shipping. Anyway, Mind Like a Diamond is a warm, taupe-y grey with charcoal microflakes and pink color-shifty-shimmer bits. I know, scientific terminology. 


I mean, look how yummy this is. It's like warm delicious grey taupe super-neutral. I love greys that actually look grey and NOT green on my nails. And this polish DOES it! 


This is three coats of Mind Like a Diamond. It looked opaque at two, but I'm a teensie bit type-a on opacity. Formula wise it was pretty awesome. Not too thin, not too thick. It was pretty self-leveling, but my idiot pinkie nail was just not having it. Top coat fixed the problem. But seriously looking at it - this polish is a grey perfection. I was worried it was dupable with Dandy Nails Bound to Fall , but the good news is that while they are similar, they are totally different. I'll now probably try to do some stupid subtle taping or gradient.



Here is a macro shot. It really shows the sparkle this polish has. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and re-did my nails without matte polishing this mani first. I regret it immensely. I will probably need to go read some Sylvia Plath. 



Aaaand that's all she wrote! I got Mind Like a Diamond with the rest of the Coney Island Queen Collection. The whole collection runs $52 on Etsy, but you can just buy Mind Like a Diamond for $9 if you so please. Pahlish runs some really great sales and I usually try to hit one of those when I buy anything. Did I mention I also won a giveaway of hers on Facebook? You should go like it, because she does them OFTEN. And you know, so you can keep up on her sweet promos and pictures and stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment