Monday, July 22, 2013

Digital Nails Xiao Mei Mei

This polish was provided to me for the purposes of a review. Of course, this is a review. All of the opinions that follow are my own and based on my experience with the product. 

I'm trying SO HARD to not giggle myself through the couch due to excitement - today I have a BRAND NEW polish to show off. And I mean BRAND SPANKING NEW. Digital Nails put out a four-polish collection named Mal's Gals and they are based on the ladies of Firefly! One of them is called Xiao Mei Mei, which is based off of the adorable engine savant Kaylee. Xiao Mei Mei is a sheer nude-taupey crelly base with oodles of magenta, brown, and copper glitters of all shapes and sizes. Perfectly balanced (like a fine wine or that wood roasted coffee I'm brewing) I'd recommend dabbing on this polish to get it up to opacity in about 2 to 3 coats. If you're anal about VNL (like me) I'd recommend some undies like Essie Au Natural - mainly because I don't want to waste the precious the next time I use this baby! Sorry, combining nerd-doms. I'll stop and show you some pictures. 

As always - Digital Nails rocks the formula factor. Considering that this polish is PACKED with glitter, it spread on the nail like a well-oiled engine. The glitters were easy to get where I wanted them and I didn't have to dig or stress to get even coverage. Of course, it's a thicker polish, but if it were thinner than there would be less glitter and really, who would want that?


Did I mention some of the glitters are holographic. Yeah. They are. P.S. I'd also recommend NOT using Seche Vite as a top coat. It did not play nicely. I don't even know why I try with it any more. 


Logically, I needed to take more pictures.  


Up close and personal with this pretty lady. I'm thinking that it would make an excellent topper... or maybe even gradient on a solid nude if mannequin hands are your sort of thing.  


Of course, we had to take a look at the depth using a periscope and a layer of Digital Nails Matte-matical! Guh. So. Drool. Worthy.

I'm really tempted to wear this polish in a formal setting. 

Anyway - Xiao Mei Mei is available at the Digital Nails Etsy Store for a reasonable $10. To keep up to date on restocks, follow her on Facebook. Believe it or not, this polish is actually in stock right now. Seriously, I'm kind of amazed.

This polish was provided to me for the purposes of a review. Of course, this is a review. All of the opinions that follow are my own and based on my experience with the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment