Monday, June 3, 2013

Digital Nails Hook 'em Horns


Disclaimer: This polish was provided for me to review. All of the following opinions are mine and possibly completely ridiculous, including lots of !!!! These are completely my own.


Hello, fellow polish "collectors" and "hobbyists." Today has been probably one of the most awesome days EVER! I started my real-person-salary (very small) and I am wearing one of the most amazing polishes. What is this polish, you ask? Digital Nails Hook 'em Horns. Did I mention I went to the University of Texas for graduate school? Because I did. And all I got was a stinkin' sheet of paper. And a job. And finally - a nail polish. When Raphaelle informed me that she was making a burnt orange holo with the same copious amounts (similar to that of my former student loans) of Spectraflair, I promptly lost my brain and freaked out. Mainly because it didn't exist when I graduated. Hook 'em Horns is a polish that gives me the feels because I have a very uncertain relationship with the color orange, just like how I had one with UT when I didn't get in as an undergraduate. Well - SUCK IT BOTH OF YOU! Hook 'em Horns dominates the fear of the color orange on pale people and I dominated graduate school. BAM! I should probably use pictures instead of words. 




Yeah, yeah, I know. Phenomenal. It made my camera whimper in fear. Hook 'em Horns is a burnt orange jelly with stupidly irrational amounts of Spectraflair. Also, yes it is color accurate, a UT Snuggie was utilized in development and then I compared to a sweater of mine. It's a three (thin) coater for opacity but you can throw two coats over undies if you so desire. I'd have a recommendation, but I literally own two orange polishes and they would be undesirable as undies. The ridiculous shine you see comes from the Poshe top coat - only one coat necessary - Hook 'em Horns wasn't hungry at all. The formula on this was RAD. It was  pretty darn self-leveling with even coverage after two coats and super easy for me to control (and I was using a baby brush!). As always - Digital Nails satisfies and then makes me feel like a glutton for wanting more unbelievably gorgeous polish. 


I heard some of the best pictures of polish are taken in cars. I tested this theory. Look at DEM RAINBOWS.


Shade.


SUPER CLOSE


ANOTHER SUPER CLOSE.

Finally, I included a video. Really, even after all of these pictures - there is zero comparison to the gorgeosity of this polish in real life. 



There we have it. Once again, Digital Nails is an enlightening experience in color and craftsmanship. I have yet to be disappointed! Hook 'em Horns will be released in the Digital Nails restock this Friday (June 7th). It runs a reasonable $13. Buy this off her Etsy site. You also need to click that link and you should go like her on Facebook immediately. She'll be able to provide more updates for this lovely polish and other really awesome things.

Disclaimer: This polish was provided for me to review. All of the following opinions are mine and possibly completely ridiculous, including lots of !!!! These are completely my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment